How Do We Get A New User Group Started?

Hey everyone,

I live in Toronto, and I’m pretty sure that there’s a good number of people in the Greater Toronto Area that would have an interest in PowerShell. So I was kind of wondering, how would we go about getting a user group started for the region? Are there currently any PowerShell.org forum members that are in the GTA?

Just curious.

I live in Brampton. :slight_smile: There’s been some talk already of forming a Toronto PS UG; Theresa (@ScriptingWife) mentioned that someone else has already contacted her about setting one up, and we’ll be starting to coordinate on that soonish.

There is an IT Pro user group ( http://www.meetup.com/ITProToronto/ ) which has quite a bit of interest in PowerShell as well, though it’s not always their main focus.

Hey there Dave,

Awesome! It’d definitely be nice to have a PowerShell specific group in the GTA. I’ll join the meetup group and keep my fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

I have family in Toronto and will be visiting occasionally. if timings work I’d be happy to present at a Toronto based UG if it would help

Day Made! Dave, if you ever need help organizing things or getting ideas on a topic, feel free to ping me. I’m full of plenty of ideas. :slight_smile: