How can I get a total of active and inactive O365 Users?

Hello,

I’m trying to work out how to get an output of the number of active and inactive O365 Users from a Tenant.

All I need is the total number of active (have logged on within the last 30 days) and inactive (have not logged on within the last 30 days) Users,

I know how to pass credentials to O365 tenant using PowerShell.

I know how to get a csv out of the O365 Tenant with the UserPrincipalName and LastLogonDate. If fact I used the script from here to achieve that. Browse code samples | Microsoft Docs

This needs to be automated so that on the last day of the month it is ran and the output sent via an email to a non technical person. For that I’ll use Task Scheduler and a service account. They do not want a CSV file, just the two numbers.

Is there something already out there that I’ve not been able to find, or will I need to use something like an “if, else if, else” statement or a ForEach Object command?

Sorry if this seems simple to you but I’m still trying to learn.

Kind Regards, Darren

You have proven you can hit the MS PowerShellGallery.com to get pre-built scripts for your use case, but you only got the one. There are far more there and complete modules for O365 management.
O365 already provides a report sit that you can hit from your browser.

Office 365 License, User and Last Logon report Since Office 365 does not have a good report to show when your users last logged on and how many licenses are really in used, instead of 'assigned',I've built the following (simple) powershell script to fetch you a nicely formatted CSV report that will tell you: which licenses Download : LicReport365_v0.5.ps1

Export Office 365 User Last Logon Date Time Reports to CSV(EXO\SPO\ODFB\SFB\AAD)
Using this tool, you can generate Office 365 User Last Logon time report(Exchange\SharePoint\OneDrive\Yammer\Skype\Azure AD). Also you can Export Office 365 User Last login time to CSV or other file formats.
Download : office365-last-logon-time.zip

This tool generates the last logon time report from Activity Management API and also from their mailbox.
Following reports are available with this tool.

• All User Logon Activity
  • Users not logged in for last N days
  • Mailbox Logon Activity
  • Mailbox Users not logged in for last N days

Apart from reporting the user last logon time, following Office 365 user management actions are also supported.

• Managing the user license
  • Reset user password
  • Allow user sign-in access
  • Block user sign-in access

There are many more examples of what you are after all over the web as well, since this is a really common thing.

HTH

Hello postanote,

Thank you for your response.

I think it is exactly what I’m after :slight_smile:

I will do some testing today.

Kind Regards, Darren