Handling package requirements like C++

Hello,

So I have been working on our first DSC deployment (push initially for testing purposes), however I have run into a little snag that I can’t seem to figure out how to approach. In a package that I have created, there are 4 prerequisites to install the software that are all all C++ versions. Well, I know I can easily verify if a specific version is installed (because the GUID changes with each version released), but since the specific version of C++ doesn’t matter, utilizing the GUID is a little more difficult.

I have created a completely separate PS script that handles the prerequisite checking that is version agnostic, but I am not sure if that is the most efficient way of doing things.

So that brings me to you guys here. How do you guys handle prerequisites for a client or something else that is needing to be installed before you can install the component, but the version doesn’t matter?

Thanks for you help. I can’t wait to continue expanding my knowledge of DSC and the amazing capabilities it allows us to perform. :slight_smile: