GUID not recognized in DSC config

Hi,
I have a Problem with a GUID of an *.msi fiel in DSC.
The GUID for the PoductID is not recognized by test-dscconfiguration command but it is correct as far as I can tell. and it is the Prodcut ID of the *.msi file.
ProductId = { 7E539884-D826-41AE-886A-CA7BAB5B7528 }
error thrown:

SE: [MC210685]: LCM: [ Start Resource ] [[Package]luxtrust]
VERBOSE: [MC210685]: LCM: [ Start Test ] [[Package]luxtrust]
VERBOSE: [MC210685]: [[Package]luxtrust] Validate-StandardArguments, Path was
\ana-fs1.airportlu.local\dsc\msis\LuxTrust Middleware 1.7.0.msi
VERBOSE: [MC210685]: [[Package]luxtrust] The path extension was .msi
VERBOSE: [MC210685]: [[Package]luxtrust] Parsing { 7E539884-D826-41AE-886A-CA7BAB5B7528 } as an
identifyingNumber
VERBOSE: [MC210685]: LCM: [ End Test ] [[Package]luxtrust] False in 0.0330 seconds.
VERBOSE: [MC210685]: LCM: [ FAILEDTest ] Completed processing test operation. The operation failed.
PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_PackageResource failed to execute Test-TargetResource functionality with error message: The specified
IdentifyingNumber ({ 7E539884-D826-41AE-886A-CA7BAB5B7528 }) is not a valid Guid
Parameter name: { 7E539884-D826-41AE-886A-CA7BAB5B7528 }
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (root/Microsoft/…gurationManager:String) , CimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProviderOperationExecutionFailure
+ PSComputerName : localhost

Anybody can help?

Thank you!

Thsi is my first topic opened here so pls excuse me if I did not comply well to all recommendations.

BR,
Marc

A.,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t4:

It’s a pity that you didn’t have at least formatted the code as code.

It looks like you have spaces after the opening curly brace and before the closing curly brace. Are you sure it should be this way?

Next time please … when you post code, sample data, console output or error messages format it as code using the preformatted text button ( </> ). Simply place your cursor on an empty line, click the button and paste your code.

Thanks in advance

How to format code in PowerShell.org <---- Click :point_up_2:t4: :wink:

Hello Olaf,
It is not due to the spaces after and before the curly braces. I verified that.
Other DSC entries are also configured with spaces for the ProductID.

Meanwhile I verified with provider of the software and they do not support MSIS officially.
So I go for the exe installer.
I close this ticket.
Many thks for reply anyway.

BR,
Marc