Get-CimInstance works from S1 to S2 but not from S2 to S1

I am doing a simple command Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_OperatingSystem - ComputerNema S2 from S1 which is a Windows 2012 R2 server running PowerShell 4.0 It fails with an error message tellingme that it failed with a Kerboros error.

When I do the same command from S2 to S1, Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_OperatingSystem -ComputerName S1 itworks. I am running as Administrator and have PS Remoting enabled on both servers.

That usually means mutual authentication couldn’t work.

Are you able to Enter-PSSession from the one to the other?

Yes, I had already tried that. What I do not see is any way to pass credentials using the Get-CimInstance cmdlet.

You create a CimSession, and then pass that to the Get-CimInstance cmdlet. When you set up the session first, you get more options.

That worked fine. I thought maybe it was related to my running Powershell 5.0 CTP but after bringing up a fresh machine and still experiencing the same problem it was apparent that something else is going on. I am still at a lost to explain why it worked on from my 2008 R2 machine to my 2012 R2 .machine but not the other way.

Thanks Don