Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership and error 1244

I have a script the leverages the cmd-let Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership. It was working fine for several months. Recently, the cmd-let started generating the error:

Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership : The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated.

Now I find that I can’t run the cmd-let on several of my servers. However, I am able to run it on one server. All servers have the same Version (2.0), Build (-1), Revision (-1).

I can’t see any real difference between the machines that don’t work and the one that does.

I have Googled with no luck of finding a solution or even seeing this question asked.

Has anyone see the error “Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership : The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated” before when running a cmd-let and if so, any idea on cause / solution.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Lance

Are you logged on with a domain account when you get that error, or with a local account? What happens if you use the -Credential parameter?

Logged in with a domain account. Again, it works from one machine but not on others.

Every other AD cmd-let works. It is just the Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership cmd-let that gets that error. So it does not seem to be a connectivity or permissions issue.

Any ideas???

Old thread, but this got me… You must specify the server parameter when you get this error.

Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership myuser -Server my-dc01

Hope that helps someone!