Get-Adcomputer output

I’m using Get-Adcomputer to pull computers from AD that have 133 in the name. The command works but I need to put each computer’s name into a variable so that I can use it to get information from each computer.

$computername =get-adcomputer -filter {Name -like "sd133*"} | select -expandproperty name 
$bios = gwmi -class win32_bios | select -expand smbiosbiosversion
$model  = gwmi -class win32_computersystem | select -expand model

foreach ($Name in $ComputerName) {

$objAverage = New-Object System.Object
$objAverage | Add-Member -type NoteProperty -name Name -value $computername
$objAverage | Add-Member -type NoteProperty -name Bios -value $bios
$objAverage | Add-Member -type NoteProperty -Name Model -Value $model

}

Output:

Name Bios Model

{SD133-01, SD133-02, SD133-03, SD133-04…} A16 OptiPlex 760

I suspect you’re looking for something like this:

$computers = get-adcomputer -filter {Name -like “sd133*”} | Select-Object -ExpandProperty name
$ResultObject = New-Object System.Collections.Generic.List[object]

foreach ($ComputerName in $computers){
$bios = Get-WmiObject -Class win32_bios -ComputerName $ComputerName | Select-Object -ExpandProperty smbiosbiosversion
$model = Get-WmiObject -Class win32_computersystem -ComputerName $ComputerName | Select-Object -ExpandProperty model
$newobj = [PSCustomObject]@{
ComputerName = $ComputerName
BIOS = $bios
Model = $model
}
$ResultObject.Add($newobj)
}

$ResultObject

You’ve got several things wrong. Your WMI calls are getting the local computer information, not the remote computer, so they have to be inside your loop. Next you are referencing $ComputerName, which is an array of objects versus $Name being the current object in your loop. Start with this basic example:

$computername =get-adcomputer -filter {Name -like "sd133*"} | select -expandproperty name 

$results = foreach ($Name in $ComputerName) {

$bios = gwmi -class win32_bios -ComputerName $Name| select -expandproperty smbiosbiosversion
    $model  = gwmi -class win32_computersystem -ComputerName $Name| select -expandproperty model

New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property @{
        ComputerName = $Name
        Bios         = $bios
        Model        = $model
    }

}

$results

What you are attempting to do is a very common Powershell task. I would recommend getting a book on Powershell or minimally looking at other examples. The example above does not have any error handling if a computer is offline, but as I was saying this a very common task so examples should be easy to find.

The script works and I’ve added error handling but the output is in the wrong order.

I get Bios Name Model where I’d like to have the Name first. I’m not sure how to change that?

Thanks! This will get what I need and I do see my mistakes.

Objects are by default “unsorted” and “unordered”. If you like to maintain a special order you will have to sort it when you output it or you can create it already ordered:

New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property ([ORDERED]@{
ComputerName = $Name
Bios = $bios
Model = $model
})