So, I’m looking for tips, recommendations, etc, from those who know both languages. I’m not looking for code offerings, as I’d like to research what people suggest here and develop my own. Although, pointers to code would be appreciated.
I’d like the script to initially do the following:
2. confirm the existence of the directory
3. notify the script/service to perform the following when new files are added
4. scan the directory and (initially) create a JSON (or, if easier, a PSON file) to hold a history of all parsed files
5. extract the “name”, “dimension”, and “date created”, of all new files into the JSON/PSON file
6. evaluate all file names and creation dates against this file to establish a list of new files
7. copy all new files into different directories according to their dimension
8. rename all files copied to the new directories (one for Desktop and one for Mobile) by adding a suffix of “.jpg”
This is an existing PS script that uses FSW:
I’ve also come across these scripts/services written in C#:
However, I would like to not use objects based on classes in PowerShell, and instead base them on functions and Closures. I may be going about this the wrong way, so any feedback would be appreciated.