export to one CSV with multiple headings

by sipho at 2012-12-20 12:00:12

Hi,

I am new to powershell and I can sort of modify scripts but my current task I feel is way out of my league…
I have two power shell script and they are:

import-csv input.csv | Get-MailboxStatistics | ft DisplayName, TotalItemSize, ItemCount -auto > C:\Logs\logs.csv
import-csv input.csv | Get-mailbox |select RecipientTypeDetails, displayname, IssueWarningQuota|export-csv C:\Logs\logs.csv -NoTypeInformation

How do I get the information that I require from both these scripts into 1 single CSV called logs.csv …the input.csv contains the same info which is the SMTP address of the users with A1 as identity.
I want to join both these scripts into one…just not sure how to pipe that…

Thanks

S
by DonJ at 2012-12-20 13:57:17
CSV isn’t designed to do that, and the resulting file would not be a valid CSV. The problem is that your two commands are creating different output; CSV assumes that every line will contain the exact same columns.

If you simply want to jam the second set of CSV information at the end of the first…

import-csv input.csv | Get-mailbox |select RecipientTypeDetails, displayname, IssueWarningQuota|convertto-csv >> C:\Logs\logs.csv

But there’s no way to make that a valid CSV file.
by ArtB0514 at 2012-12-21 11:03:24
On the other hand, you can create a single CSV with data from two different queries. Basically, you create a new object type and load it from both queries.

$MergedData=@()
Import-CSV Input.csv | foreach {
$stat = Get-MailboxStatistics $.<identityProperty> | Select DisplayName, TotalItemSize, ItemCount
$mbx = Get-mailbox $
.<identityProperty> |select RecipientTypeDetails, displayname, IssueWarningQuota
$MergedData = New-Object PSObject -Property @{
'DisplayName' = $stat.DisplayName
'Size' = $stat.TotalItemSize
'Count' = $stat.ItemCount
'Type' = $mbx.RecipientTypeDetails
'Warning' = $mbx.IssueWarningQuota
}
}
$MergedData | Export-Csv C:\Logs\logs.csv -NoTypeInformation