Export-StartLayout as BIN not working!

I’m trying to export a start layout for an image. I can’t get Export-StartLayout path c:\ -As BIN to work. It doesn’t like the -As parameter. What am I missing? Same behavior on Windows 10 1511 and 1607.

When I look at the cmdlet I don’t see the param -As maybe this is not needed anymore in PS 5?
Just run Export-StartLayout -Path C:\test.bin

Tried that. It creates a nice xml formatted file with a .bin extension that Import-StartLayout doesn’t like.

For me its working fine what error message you get back?

How do you type it? This is how I do it:

Export-StartLayout -path c:\exportdir\starylayout.bin -As BIN

I get this error:

Export-StartLayout : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name ‘as’.

I’ve tried it on three different machines now. All with the same result.

Is anyone else able to run this cmdlet successfully? And if you did is it actually a binary file? If so how do you format it?

I just run it like this

Export-StartLayout -path c:\exportdir\starylayout.bin

It give me back a .bin file in that directory.

Yes, but it’s not actually a binary file. It’s still an XML. I tried exporting it like that then doing import-starylayout and it didn’t like the format.

what kind of extension the file got then xml?
I see in the get-help they only talk about exporting xml I guess you already tried to export xml and import xml?

For some reason Import-StaryLayout will only work with binary files.

From the Import-StartLayout help:
The Export-StartLayout cmdlet also exports layouts as .xml files, but this cmdlet imports only .bin files.

Ok maybe you run into a bug which OS and PowerShell version are you running?

3 separate computers. This cmdlet works with Windows 10 only. I’ve tried it on both 1511 and 1607.

I have Build 14393