Executing GetConfiguration failed

Using Server2012R2 with PowerShell 5.

I have set up a new Pullserver in our Production environment and am trying to pull a configuration to the test environment nodes:

PS C:\Windows\system32> 
PS C:\Windows\system32> Update-DscConfiguration -Verbose -wait
VERBOSE: Perform operation 'Invoke CimMethod' with following parameters, ''methodName' = PerformRequiredConfigurationChecks,'className' = MSFT_DSCLocalConfigurationManager,'namespaceName' = root/Microsoft/Windows/DesiredStateConfiguration'

VERBOSE: An LCM method call arrived from computer vm04 with user sid S-1-5-21-195968190-741174349-770780043-93293.
VERBOSE: [vm04]:                            [] Executing Get-Action with configuration 's checksum: .
VERBOSE: [vm04]:                            [] Executing Get-Action with configuration 's checksum returned result status: GetConfiguration.
VERBOSE: [vm04]:                            [] Checksum is different. LCM will execute GetConfiguration to pull configuration .
VERBOSE: [vm04]:                            [] Executing GetConfiguration failed. Configuration  is not pulled.
Cannot find module ResourceSharePoint_1.0.0.0 from the server https://Pullserver:8080/PSDSCPullServer.svc/Modules(ModuleName='ResourceSharePoint',ModuleVersion='1.0.0.0')/ModuleContent.
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (root/Microsoft/...gurationManager:String) [], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebDownloadManagerModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Commands.GetDscModuleCommand
    + PSComputerName        : localhost 

DSCevent log shows:

27.10.2016 14:05:36           4120 Error            Module file was not found for ResourceSharePoint.                                                                                                                                   
27.10.2016 14:05:36           4353 Information      Module repository C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\DscService\Modules is not found.

The resource is on the pullserver and the the mentioned folder does exist.

Any hints or tips are welcome :slight_smile:

brgs

Bjørn

I have a test Pullserver running fine in our dev network. The only difference there is that the servers have access to internet in dev. And i have downloaded the powershellget package.

brgs

bjørn

As a note, don’t reply first to your own post - that removes you from the “Topics Without Replies” list that a lot of us use to find posts needing help :).

The resource, in a ZIP file, needs to be in the folder specified. Its filename needs to include its version information, and the pull server also needs a checksum file for the module, in the same folder. Does all of that exist?

Hi Don,

Ok noted :slight_smile:

I got this working:

By restarting the nodes then copying the zipped modules from the dev pullserver.
Will try to verify if a restart was needed when deploying to the 4 other farms.

Could seem to be that something went bananas in the zip-packing-operation of the modules. Though I have only been using the publish-DSCModuleAndMof -source “c:\source”

brgs

Bjørn

Try the Publish-ModuleToPullServer cmdlet.
Eg.
Get-Module xDnsServer -ListAvailable | Publish-ModuleToPullServer -PullServerWebConfig “$env:SystemDrive\inetpub\PSDSCPullServer\web.config”

That cmdlet takes care of zipping and copying the resources.