Exchange 2003 ProxyAddresses Attribute

by mipbar at 2012-11-19 12:46:20

I’m working in a number of domains/forests, both Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. Prior to a consolidation effort, a re-branding effort has been requested to get primary and proxy email addresses changed in Exchange 2003. I tried changing the ProxyAddresses attribute with powershell (AD) in the 2003 side, but it says the attribute is ReadOnly. So, I’m not sure what to do. We though about updating the schema for Exchange 2007 in the 2003 domains and then see if the powershell will work. or maybe using admodify. I used attribute editor(adsiedit) and changed the ProxyAddresses attribute manually just fine.

Any ideas here?
by DonJ at 2012-11-19 14:22:06
You might post in the Exchange forum here - I’m not the biggest Exchange guru but a couple of 'em watch that forum ;).

But briefly, I think you may have a couple of things going on. Which AD cmdlets did you try this with? The Microsoft ones are a bit stunted; you might look at the Quest ones, or even use the [ADSI] provider.
by mipbar at 2012-11-19 14:43:04
Quest folks in their infinite genius have cmdlets specifically to change proxy addresses, I just found out. Tested and it works! I was going to delete my post, but figured I’d respond in case someone else searches for a similar issue.