Error on Storage subsystem commands

Hello,

I’m trying to run a cmdlet which I’ve found on different Microsoft sites. it’s to disable a healthsetting on a storage subsystem:
Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster* | Set-StorageHealthSetting -Name “System.Storage.PhysicalDisk.AutoPool.Enabled” -Value False

I receive the following error:
Set-StorageHealthSettingInternal : Failed
Activity ID: {874b56e9-5e67-4850-8449-6a0dffacc1c6}
At C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Storage\StorageScripts.psm1:6923 char:19

• … $sh | Set-StorageHealthSettingInternal -Name $na -Value $va -Ci …
  •             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (StorageWMI:ROOT/Microsoft/…T_StorageHealth) [Set-StorageHealthSettingIn
      ternal], CimException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : StorageWMI 4,Set-StorageHealthSettingInternal

Trying to do a Get-StorageHealthsetting results in the same error.
To me, it looks like something is broken in Microsoft’s Storage module. Anyone got an idea how to fix this besides “call Microsoft”?

thank you in advance for your help!

Laurence

Hi,
Get commands works on 3 servers.
What OS are you using ?

Hi Adam,

I’m using Server 2022, however found the same issue on a Server 2019 server.

with kind regards,

Laurence

Hi
I tested on
Win2019 ENG Hyper-VM
Win2019 ENG
WIn2022 ENG Hyper-v VM

On every device it’s works, i only check “get” command, because you mention, that get- also throw error.

Hi Adam,

are the servers you tested it on part of a failover cluster? I only get the error on servers part of failover clusters (Which makes sence, as the first command will only give results when the server is part of a cluster)

I also just tested it on Windows Server 2016 (also in a cluster) and that one laso gave this error

with kind regards,

Laurence