Error Handling with Implicit Remoting

Hi
I have some problems getting try/Catch working with implicit remoting (import-pssession).
i’m getting the error:

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'domain/Afdelinger/Logistikcenter Horsens/Resource accounts/SMA' couldn't b
e found on 'server'.
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-Mailbox], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : C28F0184,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.GetMailbox
    + PSComputerName        : exchagneserver

The code I am running is:

$RemoteSession = New-PSSession -ConnectionUri "http://exhub-v01.ao-vvs.dk/PowerShell" -ConfigurationName "Microsoft.Exchange" -Authentication Kerberos -Credential user
Import-PSSession -Session $RemoteSession

$ListOfAllDistributionGroup = Get-DistributionGroup | Select-Object -Property Name, DisplayName, PrimarySmtpAddress, ManagedBy
foreach ($DistributionGroup in $ListOfAllDistributionGroup) {
	$Obj = New-Object -TypeName PSObject
	try {
    	$DistributionGroupManagedBy = $DistributionGroup | Select-Object -ExpandProperty ManagedBy | Get-Mailbox -ErrorAction 'stop'
		$Obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty –Name "Name" -Value $DistributionGroup.Name
		$Obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty –Name "PrimaryEmail" -Value $DistributionGroup.PrimarySmtpAddress
		$Obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty –Name "ManagedBy" -Value $DistributionGroupManagedBy.Alias
	} catch {
		$Obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty –Name "Name" -Value $DistributionGroup.Name
		$Obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty –Name "PrimaryEmail" -Value $DistributionGroup.PrimarySmtpAddress
		$Obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty –Name "ManagedBy" -Value "Error: The User dosen't have a mailbox"
	}
	Write-Output $Obj
}

Hope anyone is able to help.

Kenneth

This is a problem with a lot of the Exchange cmdlets, and it has to do with how they throw their errors. The error isn’t being brought over the Remoting channel, unfortunately. This isn’t something you can address directly; the only workaround would be to directly remote the commands instead of implicitly.