DSC Pull resources

Hi,

I’m currently new to DSC but I’ve got a pretty good grasp on it so far. I am in the process of building a custom resource and deploying it out via a pull server. For the most part everything in my configuration was all good until I got to this part.

I believe my issue is the format of the ZIP being stored in my DSC module directory for the pull server.

The module in my powershell module directory looks like this:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\MODULES\XENABLEFIREWALL
| xEnableFirewall.psd1
|
-–DSCResources
-–xEnableFirewall
xEnableFirewall.psm1
xEnableFirewall.schema.mof
xEnableFirewall.schema.mof.checksum

Of the above files how should they be zipped up? I’ve tried numerous combinations and none have worked. I am aware that it needs to be zipped like xEnableFirewall_1.0.zip and a checksum created for the ZIP. The ZIP has at the very least the following included

---xEnableFirewall
        xEnableFirewall.psm1
        xEnableFirewall.schema.mof
        xEnableFirewall.schema.mof.checksum

But where do I put the psd1 that contains the version info etc?

I’ve tried it in pretty much almost every combination I can think of but no luck.

The LCM downloads the file to temp but then I get errors in my event log saying this depending on the location where I’ve put the psd1 file in the ZIP:

ErrorId is 0x6. ErrorDetail is Module file xEnableFirewall did not contain a module with required version 1.0.

or

The content validation for module xEnableFirewall completed with status code 6.

or

The content validation for module xEnableFirewall completed with status code 12.

I figured it out. One of the previous threads in here (https://powershell.org/forums/topic/why-is-my-pull-server-not-delivering-modules-wmf5-pp/). Gave me what I need.

Once I figured out what the format is it then revealed another issue that I was missing a } in my module and it throws an error that was making me look in the wrong spots.