Daily HTML Report Repository

by gmcculle at 2013-04-12 05:32:15

I have multiple daily PowerShell scheduled tasks that run and email reports to a groups of admins and I would like to see if there is a way to have these HTML files copied to a central IIS server (or SharePoint, SCOM, etc…) so they can be reviewed by non-admins.

Some of these scheduled tasks run every 15 minutes and only report/email when something is critical or in error.
by mjolinor at 2013-04-12 05:40:16
We do that with Sharepoint. You just need to have your Sharepoint admin set it up to receive those reports via email and assign an address for it. Then CC the reports to there when you send the emails.
by AlexBrassington at 2013-04-12 10:41:36
You can do it with SharePoint, i’d be tempted to save the HTML results as documents to a library rather than sending them by email. It complicates your script slightly but SharePoint handles msg files pretty poorly.

More fancy options like custom lists that you update using REST API or directly from powershell are probably of negligable value.
by gmcculle at 2013-04-12 11:57:17
I was looking to get some kind of dashboard look so the NOC has a central place to look.
Thanks for the recomandations, I will give them a try.