Converting dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy

Hi all, wondered if you can help. Is there anyway I can convert a custom defined date as dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy at all please?

So I have got the variable:
$date = “23/12/2021”

How can I convert $date to format MM/dd/yyyy? Is there any way I can do this? I’ve looked all over and can’t find any answers to this.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t4:

Really? Where have you you searched and whatfor? :wink:

It depends a little bit on your locale setting but something like this should get you started.

$date = '23/12/2021'
Get-Date $date -Format 'MM\/dd\/yyyy'

BTW: When you post code or sample data or console output please format it as code using the preformatted text button ( </> ). Simply place your cursor on an empty line, click the button and paste your code.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thank you for the reply but sadly did not resolve what I am trying to do. I should have put some background on my post.

But I am trying to get the $date to work with DateTime. As I want to convert the 23/12/2021 to 12/23/2021 so I can do, for example:

Set-ADAccountExpiration -Identity "test_user" -DateTime $converteddate

However at the moment it is coming up with…
Cannot bind parameter. Cannot convert value “23/12/2021” to type “System.DateTime”. Error: “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.”

Definitely. :smirk:

$date = '23/12/2021'
$converteddate = Get-Date $date

Another option could be this … what would be a kind of language independend:

$date = '23/12/2021'
$SplittedDate = $date -split '/'
$converteddate = Get-Date -Day $SplittedDate[0] -Month $SplittedDate[1] -Year $SplittedDate[2]

You’re a star mate. Thank you! It works :slight_smile: