Convert Excel to PDF on Linux

Hello everyone,

Although I am fairly proficient in a few programming languages, I am new to PowerShell and am forcing myself to perform my current tasks with it if possible. Even though I discovered PS on my Windows laptop, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was also available for Linux since Linux is my operating system of choice.

Currently, I am working with some Excel files and I was worried that there was no way to read data from them since Microsoft Office does not exists on Linux. Great was my joy to discover the ImportExcel module, which made it a piece of cake (GitHub - dfinke/ImportExcel: PowerShell module to import/export Excel spreadsheets, without Excel).

Now, I need to convert these Excel sheets to PDF and even though I am able to do it with the LibreOffice command line interface in Bash, I was wondering if such a module existed in PowerShell.

Thank you very much.

G.,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t4:

I’ve never heard of something like this so far. But PowerShell is - just like others - a normal command line interface. And therefore it is able to run external commands. It would be probably not that hard to migrate your Bash command line to PowerShell if you have a business case for it. :wink:

I honestly did not view PowerShell as just another command line interface. Thank you for pointing it out. I’ll try this approach.