Class error in script started with powershell.exe

I was playing with classes in some WPF based tool I built for creating included lists for ADMT.
Long story short, I created Class called ErrorMess with static method to throw messagebox with messageboxbutton and messageboximage.
When the script is started from ISE or console everything is OK but when I start it from cmd with -file argument to powershell.exe it throws ‘unable to find type’ for every type used in ErrorMess class.
While I was using all of them not wrapped in class everything worked fine. Tool was made for workmates who don’t use powershell (I pity the fools) so it’s kinda essential for it to be able to start with bat file. I could return to pre-class environment but I don’t want to if don’t have to…

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It sounds like the PowerShell its calling from the cmd line is not version 5. try doing something like

powershell.exe -command "$PSVersionTable"

from the command line and see if it returns “PSVersion 5.0…”
This would determine if its using the latest version of PowerShell.

$psversion returns 5.0xxxx. it is using the latest one

When you’re out in powershell.exe, you probably need to add this line to your script:

Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms

This isn’t necessary in the ISE since it’s a WinForms app already.

Thanks Dave, I’m getting closer. I haven’t noticed that script throws the same error in console. But adding windows.forms doesn’t help. I’m using WPF instead of forms for messagebox (system.windows.messagebox). So i added this ‘Add-Type -assemblyName PresentationFramework’ to the begining of the script.
That doesn’t help either, but when I manually type the same command (or paste it) in console before starting script, script works.

What am I doing wrong now?