Hi, I am new to posh. I was just recently asked to see if I can automate our “password rotation” process.
We have a dozen + servers all running various application services. Each of those has a number of services that support our Application. On a frequent basis, we have to go in and change the password on all those services … a real chore. Involves:
- Logging on to the server
- Pulling up the Services application
- Find the services we manage
- Right clicking on the service and selecting Properties
- Changing the password in two places
- Saving, getting out, and going to the next service
I think I have steps 1, 2, 3, & 6 figured out. I am stumped on #4 and #5.
Would anyone know what cmdlet or object I need to use to set the password? Would you have an example?
The manual way of achieving this is shown in my two attachments.
Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide!