Changing existing script to use runspaces

Hello, so I’m trying to get involved with all the runspaces hype… but I can’t seem to figure it out :wink:

foreach ($file in $files) { 

Write-Progress -Status "File Number $([array]::IndexOf($files, $file))" -Activity "Parsing Log Files" -PercentComplete (($([array]::IndexOf($files, $file)) / $files.Count) * 100)

# I assume write-progress is useless when using runspaces?? #

$SR = New-Object System.IO.StreamReader -ArgumentList $file.FullName

try {
        while (($line = $SR.ReadLine()) -ne $null) {
            if ($line -match 'A002') {
                $line -replace ' +',"," | Out-File $tempFile -Append
            }
        }
    }
    finally {
        $SR.Close()
    }
}

So I have this code at the moment and I’m trying to figure out a way to parallel this block of code. I tried using workflows foreach -parallel, but it wasn’t really working properly, it was outputting a few lines every 30 seconds or so… So the whole idea is to parallel files parsing, not one file parsing ( I don’t think that makes sense). I’ve seen a few examples of runspaces here and there, but I can’t seem to figure out how to launch several runspaces and give each one a single file to chew on and how to return data from runspace. Out-file doesn’t work for some reason. Stuff like this also doesn’t

$contents = new-object System.Collections.ArrayList
foreach() {bla-bla-bla; [void] $contents.add($_.replace(somethingineedtodo))}
$contents

Any help appreciated, thanks!

So to add to my question, I can’t seem to get any string related stuff to work in runspaces, what does work right now:

$ScriptBlock = {
    Param ($files)
    foreach ($file in $files) {
    $content += Get-Content $file.FullName -ReadCount 0
    $content
}}

$newPowerShell = [PowerShell]::Create().AddScript($ScriptBlock).AddArgument($files)
$job = $newPowerShell.BeginInvoke()
While (-Not $job.IsCompleted) {}
$result += $newPowerShell.EndInvoke($job)

If I try to add something like:

$content | % {if ($line -match 'A002') {
        $something += $line -replace ' +',","}

The result is empty. If I try to create new-object System.Collections.ArrayList the result is empty and I can’t seem to find how do I debug this stuff. I know there are cmdlets like Debug-Runspace, but I see only one runspace when I do get-runspace… Any ideas? Thanks!