Change execution policy

Hi,
have a question:
How change execution policy during script run
I run some script, but before I need change execution policy and in the end change policy back on default
Example:
$policy = “Unrestricted”
if((get-executionpolicy) -ne $policy)
Set-executionpolicy $policy -force
next I doing some code here
and in the end of script I change policy on restricted

Now, problem when script run it change policy but rest script fail
but if I re-run script again(since policy already changed on unresticted) it run ok

How I can make it work?
Thanks.

Hi Brad,

You can call the script by setting the ExecutionPolicy for that session like below.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted script.ps1

Entire script will run with that policy.

You can check it in this way

PS C:\>Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -Force
PS C:\>'Get-ExecutionPolicy' | Out-File ~\TestPolicy.ps1
PS C:\>powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted ~\TestPolicy.ps1

You will get the output as Unrestricted even you had set i t to Restricted.

Regards,
Kvprasoon

If you are currently using an Execution Policy that doesn’t allow you to run scripts, for whatever reason, you cannot change the policy inside a script since it wouldn’t execute. If you can change the policy from within a script, you really don’t need to do it.

This affects only the current Windows PowerShell process (window). Run this before your script.

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope Process -Force

I always put this batch file into the same folder as my .ps1 and use it to run my scripts since I get tired of setting the policy whenever I have to go to a new computer.

@ECHO OFF SET ThisScriptsDirectory=%~dp0 SET PowerShellScriptPath=%ThisScriptsDirectory%RunMev33.ps1 PowerShell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "";

Won’t let me edit my post and fix it so this is the link I used to get the batch file:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23156707/pass-variable-from-batch-to-powershell

Thank you every one
sorry for late update,

PowerShell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
this one work for me

Thanks.