Change Domain first

Hi
I’m trying to clear members of an AD Group and have the working command:
Get-ADGroupMember “RemoveUpdateTimer” | ForEach-Object {Remove-ADGroupMember “RemoveUpdateTimer” $_ -Confirm:$false}

The AD Group (RemoveUpdateTimer) and user computers are on ‘Domain A’ and it works locally
The server that i want to create a scheduled task to run the command daily is on ‘Domain B’

When running the command on the server manually, it says it cannot find the AD Group ‘RemoveUpdateTimer’ on Domain B

Question:
How can I modify the Powershell command above, to have it look under Domain A, instead of Domain B?

The AD commands cue off the drive you’re currently connected to. When you load the module it maps an AD: drive to the domain the computer is a member of, but you can map additions ones (New-PSDrive). Change to the drive that represents a different domain, and the AD commands operate against that domain instead.

This’ll be hard to do in a scheduled task, I imagine, as you’ll have to make sure this isn’t running under the computer’s account, unless the computer’s account somehow has Domain Admin permissions in Domain B.

You can add parameters to the AD commands to specify the domain, or a domain controller to use.

Get-ADGroupMember -server domain.com

Remove-ADGroupMember -server dc1.domain.com

You’ll also need to pass credentials if the scheduled job is not running as an admin in that domain.

Thanks, I believe that is closer to a resolution.

The purpose of my command is to remove the members from the AD Group RemoverUpdateTimer. Adding the -server no longer shows an error but also leaves me with nothing to troubleshoot,

Testing from the server domain ‘Domain B’ - no errors, members not removed from AD Group
Testing from the user domain ‘Domain A’ - no errors, members are removed from the AD Group

How would you add a log output of the command for further troubleshooting…or how would you proceed?

Success:

Get-ADGroupMember -identity “RemoveUpdateTimer” -Recursive -Server “DomainB”|ForEach-Object {Remove-ADGroupMember -server “DomainB” “RemoveUpdateTimer” $_ -Confirm:$false}