Can powershell do whatever can be done with mouse and keyboard?

That is the question pretty much. I ask because another question I asked has no replies.
I wish to know this before I endevour further on that other question.

Hi,
Use google and read, learn :wink:

https://www.haojunlu.com/article/click.html

That is the question pretty much.

I am asking specifically if anyone has run into situations where powershell has not been able to do what can be accomplished with the GUI? I am not trying to learn how to automate Powershell with GUI mimicking automation.

I am asking based on another question I am seeking. The answer here will help me determine which direction I should be heading to resolve that other question.

You may elaborate a little more detailed. Probably it’d be better to explain what you’d like to do. Not the way you think you have to go to get this task done. There might be another/better way.

Automating GUIs always has been und will always be the worst way to automate something. It is latently error-prone and can crash if even the smallest precondition changes.

The fact that Microsoft produces server versions that do NOT include GUI should answer this question. PowerShell has advanced enough that there is actually more you can do (in some cases) that can be done by GUI.