Assisting

Hello,

I am not sure if this is where i post this if it is not please let me know where.

I have 0 knowledge of powershell but it appears a Powershell script will allow me to do what i need and fairly quickly from the looks of it.

I have multiple videos that need renaming (around 900). They contain characters and info such as bit rate etc that do not need to be there. I just want to keep the name, and the episode. I believe they are all the same file type as well. Would someone with scripting knowledge be so kind as to assist me? I will pay them with a crisp cyber high five.

Thanks in advance

Bill, welcome to Powershell.org. Please take a moment and read the very first post on top of the list of this forum: Read Me Before Posting! You’ll be Glad You Did!.

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests. We do not write customized and ready to use scripts or solutions on request.

What have you tried so far? We expect you to make an own attempt to get your task done or to solve your problem. If you have done so already please document here what exactly you have done and show your code. Then we probably might be able to help you step further.

If this is a one time job … there are tools able to bulk rename files where you do not need to learn a scripting language. This might be a better solution for your current task.

ok thanks ill keep looking