Array output to string sorting or filtering

Hi,

I’ve started writing a script to migrate DHCP scopes from one server to another. I’ve like the scopes to be automatically taken from the source server, so I don’t have to manually check and list them.

If I use something like the below command to get the scopes which it gives as an array (also listed below)

Is it possible to sort or filter the name(ScopeId) column to give me a result like

that I can use as a variable?

I’ve tried a few options but I’ve had no luck.

Get-DhcpServerv4Scope -ComputerName DhcpServerName | Group-Object ScopeId

Count Name Group

1 10.111.1.64               {DhcpServerv4Scope}                                                                                                                                           
1 10.111.1.128              {DhcpServerv4Scope}                                                                                                                                           
1 10.111.1.192              {DhcpServerv4Scope}                                                                                                                                           
1 10.111.2.0                {DhcpServerv4Scope}                                                                                                                                           
1 10.111.4.0                {DhcpServerv4Scope}                                                                                                                                           
1 10.111.5.0                {DhcpServerv4Scope}                                                                                                                                           
1 10.111.6.0                {DhcpServerv4Scope}

Have you tried piping it to sort?

E.g.

Get-DhcpServerv4Scope -ComputerName DhcpServerName | Group-Object ScopeId | Sort Name
$a = (Get-DhcpServerv4Scope -ComputerName DhcpServerName | Group-Object ScopeId | 
  select -expand name) -join ','

Thanks js just what I was looking for

$ScopeIds = (Get-DhcpServerv4Scope -ComputerName DHCPServerName).ScopeId -join “,”