Advanced shortcut creation

I am using this script to create a shortcut for IE:

$TargetFile = "$env:ProgramFiles\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
        $ShortcutFile = "$env:Programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Explorer.lnk"
        $WScriptShell = New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell
        $Shortcut = $WScriptShell.CreateShortcut($ShortcutFile)
        $Shortcut.TargetPath = $TargetFile
        $Shortcut.Description = "Finds and displays information and Web sites on the Internet."
        $Shortcut.WorkingDirectory = "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"
        $Shortcut.Save()

The code works fine and creates the shortcut, but if this shortcut is pinned to the taskbar via the “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TBDEn” /v SBOEM0" reg key, IE instances do not stack. What I mean by that is if you click on the icon on the taskbar, a new icon on the taskbar appears with the open window along with the pinned item so there are now to IE icons side by side until I close IE. When I copy the actual link file instead of creating it, it exhibits normal expected behavior ( i.e all open programs stack in the taskbar).

I noticed that the icon created via powershell is a little smaller in size than the one auto created by windows.

Is there a way to view all the ComObject properties of an existing WScript.Shell object in powershell so that I can copy the missing attributes?

Viewing COM object properties requires them to have a type library (TLB) file registered on the system - COM doesn’t support self-discovery (“reflection”) like .NET does. What you’re using is a very old and deprecated interface, so it’s not surprising that it doesn’t work well against newer versions of Windows. I’m not sure I have a better solution for you, but I’ll dig around and post again if I find something!