Wordpress rendering for mobile

Hi Don,

I use a Windows 8.1 phone atm (uses IE internaly but dont know the version) and when viewing the web site from the phone, after I succesfuly login, I cant see the entire secton that allows to ask or reply.

I just see the footer part with the forum page navigation controls and immediately after, its the lower Gray footer.

Suspect its the Wordpress rendering ? worked very well on previous site.

All of that is controlled by the site’s theme and CSS, not by “WordPress rendering.” Being on a new theme, we’re still debugging problems and conflicts, so this is one I’ll look into.

So, a bit of background, and then a troubleshooting question.

The site doesn’t have a “mobile version;” it’s responsive. That means the rendering priorities change as your browser window narrows - as on a phone. In testing this on my laptop and in my iOS phone, it’s behaving properly. It’s possible WinPhone is doing something goofy, but given the install base on that, i’m not sure how much effort I can put into specific changes for that platform. That said - my guess is that it’s not a problem specific to that platform.

Do you see a “You must be logged in to reply to this topic” notice where the reply box would normally appear?

Posting from phone.

Thanks for checking this Don.

I’m currently logged in via my phone as well, watching this page, I see your reply being the last, then the two grey bars with ‘Author’
and ‘Posts’ and the metrics under it:
Viewing X posts - 1 through X (of X total)
then a short white area with nothing in it
and the gray area at the bottom with “Important Links”

The entire section from the “Reply To: WordPress rendering for mobile” till the blue submit button do not appear.

As it worked very well before ill have to assume it probably the phone built-in IE that isn’t sufficient enough to the support levels.

Yeah, dunno what to say. I’ve looked on a friend’s Android phone and it works fine and looks right. Sadly I don’t know anyone with a Windows phone :/.

This may be a broader IE11 deal: https://powershell.org/forums/topic/unable-to-post-reply-when-using-internet-explorer-11/; moving the conversation to that thread.