Windows Update Reporting

Good day,
I have numerous labs consisting of Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC’s that have Windows updates managed by GPO. I need to pull reports from time to time on the status of Windows Updates. This script ( Browse code samples | Microsoft Docs ) runs with no issue if I choose the “localhost” to pull a test report, but when I add Domain PC’s to the PC list, I get the following error and no useful data.

WARNING: PC-001: Exception calling “CreateInstance” with “1” argument(s): “Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {4CB43D7F-7EEE-4906-8698-60DA1C38F2FE} from machine PC-001 failed due to the following error: 800706ba PC-001.”

I am Running the Powershell ISE as Admin and the Firewall is turned off on all test domain clients, so the Firewall does not seem to be the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Why not post the question to the author forum?

The author would no far more about the script than us.

Lastly, you don’t say what target OS you are seeing this error. As per the authors post, this script was not tested / validated on Windows 7, so no guarantee it will work. It was only tested / validated on Windows Server versions 2003-2012R@ and Windows 10.

That error you are seeing, this is an issue where the windows firewall or another firewall is blocking inbound dynamic RPC ports. You will need to create an exception on your software firewall to allow the script to perform the audit on your remote machine. More information about this is at the bottom of the page in the following link:

You can also give a try to the PSWindowsUpdate module available on the PowerShell Gallery.
It has a Get-WUHistory cmdlet.

Get-WUHistory [-ComputerName <string[]>] [-SendReport] [-PSWUSettings ] [-MaxDate ] [-Last ]

Good day,
Thank you for your responses.
Postanote - I did post the question to the Author and No one has responded… The target OS I have been testing is Win 7 and 10. I have disabled all firewall settings on client and host and still get the same result.

Luc - I will give that a try. Thank you

Cheers
iCon2767