VMware esxtop reporting

Hi, Sorry, its a bit vauge…
To Try & Clear up a couple of things…

I am running esxtop with powerCLi in batch mode, taking samples every 2 seconds in 5,10 & 20 min runs.
This produces 3 csv files for each host (178 in total). unfortunately, it gathers results from every possible counter & the column headers are the full host/blade server name (\chassis-name-2-blade-esxi-1.domain.name\Vcpu(1:system:2098063:iscsi-rx-world-22)% Ready) <— like that. which I think is the default VMware format which is a 40-50mb csv.
what makes it slightly difficult, is, we cant open the full csv in open office or excel, as there are too many columns, only loads to column XFD so we lose half the data we require.

What the original bash shell script does, is run through all of the csv files & filters it to the property for example the variable vmx-cpu (entity) which is a part of the column name then filters that down on % ready… It then exports just that data to a CSV . Which allows inclusion in a different report.

If I do chassis-name-2-blade-esxi-1.domain.name.*Ready that doesnt work… I think I need to get the vmx-cpu in there somehow,

The bash script works of, all be it clunky… we were just hoping to make it better with PS.

If you look at the image with full host name, you can see the vmx-cpu in the name.(if we were looking for disk latency, that bit would be Virtual Disk)
Hopefully that makes a bit more sense now?
*if it is something thats not possible/too difficult, that is an acceptable answer :slight_smile:

Thanks
Deek

Are you willing to share your esxtop code? I’d like to be able to reproduce the type of CSV you end up with in one of my environments. Based on your screenshot, the regex pattern should match, so I feel we are just guessing at this point.