Update-Help fails on TLS

update-help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) ‘TLS’ with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to retrieve the HelpInfo XML file for UI culture en-US. Make
sure the HelpInfoUri property in the module manifest is valid or check your network connection and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:1

• update-help
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Update-Help], Exception
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

There is a file at C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\TLS\en-US\Microsoft.WindowsAuthenticationProtocols.Commands.dll-help.xml

The help url in [tls.psd1] is
HelpInfoUri=“http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=287167

The fact that there’s an existing file doesn’t matter. If Update-Help is unable to retrieve the file from that URL, it’ll give you that error. When I try to access that URL directly, I get a 403 (Forbidden) error. So this might be something you have to work with Microsoft on - opening a ticket with product support, or logging a documentation bug on Connect.

@jsnover did not mention those options, but he did mention powershell.org, so I came here first.

Workaround:

1. move the \TLS folder and all its contents to a temporary location [requires Administrator]
    move \TLS from here:
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

2. execute the Update-Help cmdlet in PowerShell

3. replace the \TLS folder from its temporary location back to
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules