If you were assigned to run Restore-RecoverableItems on 50,000+ Exchange Online mailboxes in the shortest period of time, how would you do it?
Some nice-to-haves would be robust sessions that self-heal and in-progress and end-of-operation reportability to management, but not if it will slow the restore operation(s) down significantly.
Ideas that come to mind:
- Use the new PS v2 EXO module
- Use the new Robust cloud command
- Run as many parallel sessions as possible, but what's the best way to divide the work so it's not duplicated?
- Ask MSFT for a throttling reprieve
- Must support MFA, because that's how it rolls.
Thanks very much to you all!