passing webrequestsession object into a start-job operation

I am trying to parallelize the request for open files on a 14-node Isilon cluster by using their REST API, and authenticating with session cookies. I can’t seem to get the webrequestsession object to be used properly in the invoke-restmethod cmdlet inside start-job however. Code is as follows…assume auth is handled by another function that returns a script level variable called $module_sessionhash, a hash table of the uri (key) and session cookie(value):

function GetIsilonOpenFiles {
[CmdletBinding()]
param (

)

begin {

}

process {

try {

$job = {
            $ResourceUrl = "/platform/1/protocols/smb/openfiles"
            $BaseUrl = $args[0]
            $Uri = $BaseUrl + $ResourceUrl
            $cookie = $args[1]
            Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $Uri -WebSession $cookie  -Method Get  -ErrorAction Stop
        }

$keys = $Module_SessionHash.keys | ForEach-Object {$_}
        $values = $Module_SessionHash.values | ForEach-Object {$_}

Start-job  -ScriptBlock $job -ArgumentList $keys[0],$values[0]
        #}

while (get-job) {
            Get-Job | Where-Object State -NE 'Running' | ForEach-Object {
                if ($_.State -ne 'Completed') {
                    Write-Warning ('Job [{0}] [{1}] ended with state [{2}].' -f $_.id, $_.Name, $_.State)
                }
                else {
                    $JobResults = @()
                    $JobResults = @(Receive-Job -Job $_)

if ($JobResults.Count -ne 0) { Write-Output $JobResults}
                }

remove-job $_
            }
            start-sleep -Seconds 1
        }
    }
    catch {
        Write-Error -ErrorAction Stop -Exception $_.Exception
    }
}  
end {
}

}

At first I was getting this error:
Cannot bind parameter ‘WebSession’. Cannot convert value “Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession” to type “Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession”. Error: "Cannot
convert the “Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession” value of type “Deserialized.Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession” to type

Fine, there is a PSSerializer class that I can leverage to get the format that start-job wants by adding this in the $job scriptblock:

$cookieobject = [System.Management.Automation.PSSerializer]::Serialize($cookie)

then running invoke-restmethod with this new object:

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $Uri -WebSession $cookieobject -Method Get -ErrorAction Stop

But now it isn’t happy with the xml format!
Cannot bind parameter ‘WebSession’. Cannot convert the "

…BLAHBLAHBLAH of xml

" value of type “System.String” to type “Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession”.

What am I missing? Is it not possible to use these types of objects in start-job? The invoke-restmethod works fine when used outside start-job. Perhaps there is a more elegant way of simultaneously asking for the open files on all nodes? Workflows perhaps?