Looking for a log4j style logging module

Have you thought about downloading the module and putting it in a UNC path and then writing a script that puts it in say $EnvProgramFiles\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\

Then in your startup script run “import-module”?

Installing a PowerShell Module

You don’t need Win10 to run install-module, just PS 5.1 on your Win7 machine. If you can’t get ps 5.1 installed, maybe email the author asking for a download of it somewhere?

Have you thought about downloading the module and putting it in a UNC path and then writing a script that puts it in say $EnvProgramFiles\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\\

Then in your startup script run “import-module”?

Yes, that is what I’m now working on. I just downloaded log4net-2.0.8-bin-newkey.zip from logging.apache.org and am in the process of extracting the files.

Yes, that is what I'm now working on. I just downloaded log4net-2.0.8-bin-newkey.zip from logging.apache.org and am in the process of extracting the files.
Why don't you download the Powershell module from the Gallery? It's just about 1.8 MB and ready to use in Powershell.

That’s what I was wanting to do but I have not been able to locate a download link. All I can find is the page that instructs you to use PS> Install-Module -Name OSCCPSLogging to install it. OSCCPSLogging 1.5.0.1

Do you know the url for downloading it?

Hmmm … try this: OSCCPSLogging

I just tested the example from this article PowerShell logging using Apache log4net and it was simple to implement and it worked exactly the way I want. So, I’ll skip the OSCCPSLogging option.

Great. I’m glad you finally found what you was looking for.