Learning Poweshell

Hi all,

I have a love\hate relationship with programming. My knowledge in programming comes from many years ago when i took a course of C and VB6. Unfortunately i didn’t find work at the time as a programmer and i turned into systems and network. But the fire of programming still burning inside of me.
I would like to learn more about Powershell and i rather doing it for a start from free material as eBooks and etc. Also i always was amazed how people knows all about those properties and the inside of the operating systems and would love to get material about that too.

Thanks in advance.

For internals, I suggest “PowerShell in Action” by Bruce Payette, otherwise the best one is “Learn PowerShell in a month of lunches” by Don Jones.

I like the recommended book by Jeffrey Snover who was the inventor of PowerShell - “Learn PowerShell in a month of lunches” by Don Jones.

Thanks kvprasoon and luzbellas

For looking inside the Windows operating system, the Windows Internals books are an incredible source of information.

I never thought they’d update it past Windows 7 but the first part of the 7th edition, updated for Windows 10 and Server 2016 was released in 2017 and part 2 is due later this year. The books go very deep into how the operating system works.

For free videos that go deep Channel 9 has excellent content.

Any Jeffrey Snover video.