Internet Email header extraction using Powershell

Hey there!

I would like to populate an excel sheet with below details for every new email in my Outlook.

1. From
  2. To
  3. Reply - To
  4. Return Path
  5. X-Agari Original Sender
  6. X-Agari Original Receiver
  7. X-Originating IP
  8. Date

Whenever a new email comes into my outlook inbox or any other SPECIFIC folder, I need an excel sheet to be updated.
Could you please help me with this?

Regards,
Goutham

you will generally get a better response posting what you have so far here (script), rather than asking people to write you a solution

So far i have done this in Python but could not find proper documentation for the modules which I am using. This is the reason I had to come to Powershell as both Outlook and Powershell are from Microsoft.

Outlook isn’t actually “enabled” for PowerShell. The best you’re going to be able to do is Outlook’s old COM object, which s exposed via .NET Interop for Office Programmability. I’d look into that - but, it’s going to be difficult, and it’s going to involve a LOT of code. Outlook (and Excel, for that matter) just wasn’t designed for this task.

Thanks alot :slight_smile:
I will wait for your response.

Any update on this…?

If you use exchange with outlook and don’t fear someone’s code, you can try to look for EWS Exchange examples at this topic

https://powershell.org/forums/topic/gathering-emails-powershell-by-mapi-ews/#post-68248