How-to make DSC not to utilize 100% CPU while it gets executed.

I’m having a situation, when DSC gets executed and utilize 100% of the CPU for it’s execution time, in most cases lasts less than a minute. But unfortunately this affects running application. So I’d like to know are there any way to restrict DSC CPU usage. Also maybe someone have experienced the same situation can you please share on how-to solve this.

There is not.

However, it might be worth using the DSC Diagnostics module to enable a trace before the LCM runs next time. Reviewing the event logs. after disabling the trace, might show you why the processor usage is so high. For example, if the configuration is having the LCM do something especially taxing, you could look at removing that part of the configuration to see if it makes any difference.

Basically - basic troubleshooting :).

By following your suggestion I’ve figured out, that WMI provider"deploymentprovider" which is a part of ServerManager.DeploymentProvider.dll and is used to test/set WindowsFeature DSC resource cause 60-70% CPU usage. Haven’t found any issue and still looking for some help to troubleshoot this.

That’s something you should submit as a support ticket to Microsoft, then. There’s nothing you can do to fix it - they’d need to.

Final results I’ve got. Maybe this will be useful for somebody.