How do i stop getting prompted to confirm?

I am trying to install Install-Module -Name SqlServer -confirm:$false on many servers. I am running this as Admin

however i keep getting a prompt to confirm even though I have specified -confirm:$false

NuGet provider is required to continue
PowerShellGet requires NuGet provider version '2.8.5.201' or newer to interact with NuGet-based repositories. The NuGet
 provider must be available in 'C:\Program Files\PackageManagement\ProviderAssemblies' or
'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\PackageManagement\ProviderAssemblies'. You can also install the NuGet provider by
running 'Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force'. Do you want PowerShellGet to install
and import the NuGet provider now?
[Y] Yes  [N] No  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"):

I also tried -force instead, and same thing, it keep prompting me to confirm…

This will not be ideal because if i want to use a script to install the module, i will have to be there to confirm, which defeats the purpose

posted here as well in case get an answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56157269/why-do-i-keep-getting-prompted-to-confirm

Consider checking what your console is using for the PackageProvider for Nuget by running

Get-PackageProvider

This could at least give you some direction to finding why the error is showing a version mismatch.

I think it’s a version dependency you need, so it’s not really a confirm impact.

[quote quote=156767]I think it’s a version dependency you need, so it’s not really a confirm impact.

[/quote]
thats right :slight_smile:

linking answer from peter: powershell - why do I keep getting prompted to confirm? - Stack Overflow

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force