How do I modify MaxConcurrentUsers properties of WinRM Session?

Hello,

There is default limit of 5 users when I create new WinRM session configuration and I do not see a property or way to change that. WsMan itself is configured to allow more then that but I did not find a way to change option for WinRM session configuration.

PS WSMan:\localhost\Shell> Get-PSSessionConfiguration -Name JEA | Select MaxConcurrentUsers

MaxConcurrentUsers
------------------

WSManConfig: Microsoft.WSMan.Management\WSMan::localhost\Shell

Type            Name                           SourceOfValue   Value                                                                                                                                                                                                              
----            ----                           -------------   -----                                                                                                                                                                                                              
System.String   AllowRemoteShellAccess                         true                                                                                                                                                                                                               
System.String   IdleTimeout                                    7200000                                                                                                                                                                                                            
System.String   MaxConcurrentUsers                             30                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
System.String   MaxShellRunTime                                2147483647                                                                                                                                                                                                         
System.String   MaxProcessesPerShell                           25                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
System.String   MaxMemoryPerShellMB                            1024                                                                                                                                                                                                               
System.String   MaxShellsPerUser                               30                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Wow, I’ve never run into that. So this is on a new endpoint you’ve created, you can only get 5 concurrent sessions to it? I’ll have to see if I can replicate that and then fuss with it.

I was using Windows Powershell Web Access and got access denied after 3 sessions which I figured out limitation of PWA (it can be changed in web.config). I assumed it’s limitation of WinRM but it was not. So while this property is there I don’t think it’s being enforced since I was able to create more then 5 sessions with no problems. May be an artifact.

Ah, gotcha. Cool - thanks for the follow-up.