Help with disk removal from storage pool

So the problem here is that I’ve connected a good drive, and a failing drive together into a storage pool. I’ve tried to remove the failing drive via storage spaces removal but it kept stalling due to the failing drive not being able to reallocate it’s data. So of course I’m using Powershell now and only barely hanging on, not sure what I’m doing here.

So I have the disk removal from the storage pool in progress, but I’m not sure if I’ve done it right, and I’m also wondering if the disk removal is going to work since it’s taking so long. I really need to separate these drives as my main (working) drive has 100 gigs of data that I need, but can’t get to as a result of the two drives data being paired (writing from the storage pool is next to impossible due to the failing drive).

Any help would be absolutely fantastic, I’ve been driven crazy by this for a while now. Thanks a hell of a lot in advance, and here’s a paste of the Powershell script I have going:

"Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-PhysicalDisk

FriendlyName SerialNumber CanPool OperationalStatus HealthStatus Usage Size

SAMSUNG HM250HI S1YQJDNZ406519 False OK Healthy Auto-Select 232.89 GB
Hitachi320 E3834063G0TUGA False OK Healthy Retired 298 GB
SanDisk Cruzer Glide 4C532000011017108403 False OK Healthy Auto-Select 29.82 GB
TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075 ATA Device 24FBW6M2T False OK Healthy Auto-Select 698.5 GB

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-PhysicalDisk | ft FriendlyName

Remove-PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDisks $DiskToRemove -StoragePoolFriendlyName “Storage pool”
0/1 completed
[
Removing physical disks
Running
[ooooooooooooooooo

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-PhysicalDisk | Where-Object { $_.Usage -eq ‘Retired’}

FriendlyName SerialNumber CanPool OperationalStatus HealthStatus Usage Size

Hitachi320 E3834063G0TUGA False OK Healthy Retired 298 GB

PS C:\Windows\system32> $DiskToRemove = Get-PhysicalDisk | Where-Object { $_.Usage -eq ‘Retired’}
PS C:\Windows\system32> Remove-PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDisks $DiskToRemove -StoragePoolFriendlyName “Storage pool”

Confirm
Are you sure you want to perform this action?
Removing a physical disk will cause problems with the fault tolerance capabilities of the following storage pool:
“Storage pool”.
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is “Y”): Y"

So… what’s the question?