Get-QADUser not returning all groups

by danjwalker at 2012-12-11 02:49:25

Hi,

My users are members of quite a few groups. The way I work is to get their group membership then out-gridview so I can filter for certain groups easily. The groups are not being displayed correctly. After a few groups it displays … at the end, which means I am not seeing everything.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
by RichardSiddaway at 2012-12-11 03:19:34
Can you post the code you are using & can you define some numbers - how many groupsa re you expecting to see and how many are you seeing?
by danjwalker at 2012-12-11 03:30:43
So, I ask this:

get-content c:\scripts\mm2.txt |Get-QADUser | select name,proxyaddresses,memberof |Out-GridView

in the text file, there are just a bunch of names like this:

user1
user2

If you run this on a domain, have a look at the grid and you will see not all the groups are there. It is not just a case of not displaying it, the data is not actually there. To prove this, I did my own account, my X400 address is not displayed there, so I did a filter and when I pressed x400, my name was filtered out.
by robertskinner at 2012-12-11 07:11:30
get-quaduser username | select-object -expand memberof | out-gridview

username = your test user. You should see all the groups now. In running this in the Quest Tools it worked in my test. So using this command does allow you to get the full view of the object.

Depending on what your goal is and how you want to use the data, you may not want to obtain it in this way.
by danjwalker at 2012-12-11 07:38:44
I found the answer myself. It is to do with $FormatEnumerationLimit. It was set to 4 which is default.
by RichardSiddaway at 2012-12-11 09:03:21
No the problem is that you are trying to display name which is single valued and proxyaddresses & memberof which can be multivalued.

if you want to see the data properly in a multivalued attribute then use -expandproperty as detailed above