get-help about_cimSession

Hi Gents,

I’ve just stumble upon really strange issue, where I’m asking for help for the session about_cimSession, and can not get the help at all. what I got is that.

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-help about_CIMSession

Name                              Category  Module                    Synopsis
----                              --------  ------                    --------
about_CimSession                  HelpFile                            Describes a CimSession object and the differen...
about_CIMSession                  HelpFile                            Describes a CimSession object and the differen...

Version of PS is like below: (OS w7)

Name                           Value
----                           -----
PSVersion                      5.1.14409.1012
PSEdition                      Desktop
PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
BuildVersion                   10.0.14409.1012
CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000
WSManStackVersion              3.0
PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3
SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1

Can anybody can advise me how can I reach the help of the cim_Session, where there are two options with the same name, and no chances to differenciate the lower or upper case one ?
Thank you!

I’ve not run across a case where two of those got installed. They’re just text files, though, so you could open them manually to read them. I’m not sure if there’s a disambiguation technique for about files.

Try this script: It should provide all possible help in a grid where you can do multiple select on topics, then you see each one in its own ShowWindow and then finally type in q and enter to quit, anything else will loop again. I use this to shoot off help to a separate process, no longer kludgy help -ShowWindow tied to your main window.

Start-Process powershell {
$AllHelp = @(Get-Help * | Select-Object -Property *);
write-Host ‘Press [q] and [Enter] when done’
do {
$AllHelp | Out-GridView -PassThru | ForEach-Object {Get-Help $_.Name -ShowWindow};
$key = Read-Host;
}
until ($key -eq ‘q’)
}