General Powershell question

I think powershell is great and would really like to become an expert in it.
But with Microsoft pushing it as a must have skill, these skills won’t be unique in the business world.
Will there be experts in PowerShell ? Be good to have a scripting/command tool skill that is in demand. But concerned that eventually everyone will be good at it and take away magic of it.
What are people thoughts ?

Hey there Graham,

Like all Microsoft products/tools, there are plenty of experts to be found. Many of them can be found on the forums here like Don Jones, Dave Wyatt, and Jeff Hicks!

SCCM is a good example. When it started out as SMS, good SMS/SCCM admins and engineers were super tough to find. As adoption grew, you found more and more people had incorporated it into their skill set, but there were always people to be found that were considered experts on the application. Heck, I’ve been working on SMS/SCCM for almost 15 years and I’m still learning new things!

Regardless if everyone learns PowerShell (and they should!), there will always be someone in the community that has a greater understanding of how it works. The best way to become an expert is to simply keep learning and sharing what you’ve found.

:slight_smile: